Monday 22 February 2016

Author Spotlight 'Capturing the Last Welsh Witch' J.M. Davies


INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, I would like to start by giving a big shout-out to Holly for letting me host this week’s addition on her blog. I am Jennifer Davies. I'm originally from Wales, but I’m now settled on the East Coast in New England. I have been married for nineteen years, and I’m a mother of four boys who make me laugh and cry. I have two cats, and a puppy called Ella.  

I have been very lucky that for the past seven years, I have been able to devote my time to writing romance and I get a huge thrill out of pushing myself. I completed my first YA romantic fantasy Children of Annwn: The Promise in 2013. In 2014, I  signed with Secret Craving Publishers to complete the trilogy (Children of Annwn: The Battle & Power of the Gilgamesh) which I finished in September 2015 under the name Jennifer Owen Davies. Unfortunately, my publisher closed and shortly after I started self-publishing.

The last several years have been amazing and even in difficult times; my love of writing has kept me going. When I knew the YA series was ending, I wanted desperately to explore my desire to write an adult romance, and I knew I wanted to attempt to write a paranormal story as I love reading them. CAPTURING THE LAST WELSH WITCH is published under my pen name J.M.Davies, and I was inspired to write Ella’s story based on the real-life story of the first Welsh witch to be hung in Wales and the rest came from reading, research, and my imagination. I have received some wonderful five star reviews and one glowing one from the Paranormal romance guild!

I’m toying with the idea of writing a sequel, but in the meantime my second adult romance is due for release in June 2016 The Vineyards of Allegretti! I also have another book hopefully to be out by the end of 2016. It is going to be very busy this year…

   A couple of quick facts about me, I love anything coated in chocolate. I love talking about my journey in writing, and I believe hard work is the answer to achieving your dreams.


CAPTURING THE LAST WELSH WITCH:  I loved writing this book and creating the chemistry between Ella Masters and Marcus Drayton, both strong but damaged characters because of their past. If you enjoy strong alpha males and stubborn heroines, a plot with plenty of twists and turns, sizzling chemistry, and steamy scenes this is a must read for you.      

                              PLACE THE  PICTURE OF ELLA &   MARCUS

                                    Blurb for Capturing the Last Welsh Witch
 
 

Ella Masters’s soul is five hundred years old and in each life, she has been fatally betrayed by men. This is her fifth and final life, and legend says she must meet her true love or this time death is eternal. Wanted for the murder of her latest boyfriend and on the run from the FBI, as well as the ruthless group the Elusti, it doesn’t bode well for any would-be suitors. 


Marcus Drayton has a sixth sense when it comes to knowing people, which has helped in his career as a special agent for the FBI, as well as his previous stint as a Navy SEAL. His latest assignment is to deliver Ella Masters, the Witch, which will give him the prized promotion in New York. After he meets the mysterious Ella, and realizes the Elusti are involved, the ghosts of his past force him to seek the truth, making every one he loves a target. 

As she runs for her life and freedom, Ella needs to discover whether Marcus is the warrior she needs. And can she trust him with her heart and soul before it’s too late? 


                                       PICTURE OF THE BOOK COVER

                          Snippet from Capturing the Last Welsh Witch

A muscle in Nate’s cheek twitched and he shot a sharp stare at her before he repositioned his hands on the wheel, which he gripped until his knuckles blanched white. Despite his coolly delivered speech, she affected him and she smiled at this awareness as she stared out the dusty window. A lot had changed in twenty-four hours—that was true—but what was the same was the fact she was his prisoner, even though he had called her sexy. That needed to change and fast, but where on earth were they headed? As she puzzled over her next move, his deep voice interrupted her thoughts.

“That kiss was a mistake it won’t be repeated, but I’m glad you’re awake. You had me worried for a while. I wasn’t sure if I was going to have to take you to the emergency room when you fainted. I thought you had been shot.” He briefly turned his intense gaze toward her before he turned back to the traffic.

Hearing his words and the implication, Ella bolted upright and adjusted her coat. She shivered with the cold and noticed that her jacket was unzipped, revealing her lacy camisole and her heaving bosoms beneath. Her cheeks flared with heat. Suspicious of his words, she flicked a furious glare at him.

“And how did you know that I wasn’t?”

“Before I became an FBI agent, I was a Navy SEAL. I’m used to checking bodies for injuries. Ella, trust me, I have seen a woman’s anatomy before.”

Her cheeks scorched with the knowledge that his large and capable hands had roamed across her flesh while she lay unconscious.

“Not this woman. Well, I hope you enjoyed your grope, because it’s the last one you’re going to get.” She pulled the thin velour jacket closer, as if to save her modesty, even though she knew that it was too late.

He smirked and turned the heater on full blast. “Ella, I’ve never needed to resort to seducing an unconscious woman. Ever. Women like what they see and as I happen to like women, a lot, I’m never without a supply of willing partners.”

God, he was unbearable. So arrogant. “Women like what they see.” Ha. Ella opened her mouth, ready to protest, but as she tried to be shocked, she wasn’t. Soaking in his features, she had to admit, he was a gorgeous hunk of controlled strength and masculinity with his square jaw, straight nose, and dark, intelligent eyes. She stared as his suntanned hand, which combed back his closely cropped but thick hair, and noticed the light stubble scattered across his chin and above his lips. It made him even more handsome and dangerous-looking. She believed him when he said women liked what they saw. She did. Ella also imagined that he knew exactly how to please them in every possible way, which made her mouth water. Swallowing away her growing desire, she reminded herself that she needed to figure out a way to get rid of him, and to escape.

Life was never fair.

 




BOOK TRAILER FOR CAPTURING THE LAST WELSH WITCH
https://youtu.be/3Y6xuhiZEsk

 

LINKS FOR THE BOOK
AMAZON UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Capturing-Last-Welsh-Witch-Davies-ebook/dp/B018S3VY0U/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1449684071&sr=1-1&keywords=capturing+the+last+welsh+witch
AMAZON USA
http://www.amazon.com/Capturing-Last-Welsh-Witch-Davies-ebook/dp/B018S3VY0U/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1449688058&sr=1-1&keywords=capturing+the+last+welsh+witch

WAYS TO GET IN TOUCH
FB Author page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jennifer-Davies/1421409368089313
                           https://www.facebook.com/J-M-Davies-516414605190041/

Web-site            http://www.jenniferowendavies.com/
Email                 Jendaviesuk@gmail.com
Twitter              
https://twitter.com/jendaviesuk

 

 

1 comment: