Friday 21 August 2015

Fabulous Week!

 
Thea Louise and Jacob Luke
Christening day 16.8.15 
 
Wow what an amazing week I have had celebrating my twin eight month old grandbabies christening last Sunday, they were so good, content and happy, they even managed to have the vicar laughing, so full of smiles and joy, making me the proudest nana in the world. I will confess since their arrival my world has been filled with smiles, even when I'm grumpy they can turn my miserable face into happiness, especially when they are being cheeky.
 
I adore spending my free time with these little monkeys.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I have also celebrated my birthday, yes 21 again, I wish! No actually I am happy being the age I am 41, having learned so many new things about life, writing, reading and being where I am in my hobby, signing up for book signings after being overwhelmed and humbled at the Birmingham signing in July, it made me realize just how much my writing means to me, not only that meeting some wonderful new people, authors, bloggers, readers, just amazing and cannot wait to experience it all again.
 
I have also received the cover for book 2 in the Innocence series 'Innocence Of Love' truly magnificent and cannot wait to share it with you all, but will be doing that closer to the release date. Also heard from my editor who is loving the book. Also warms my heart when someone says something good about my book.

 
 

The innocence series will come as
 
Book 1. Innocence OUT NOW
Book 2. Innocence of love COMING SOON
Book 3. Breaking Innocence
Book 4. Return To Innocence



'Don't make promises you cannot keep!'
 
Blurb
 
Calvin Edwards has everything he could dream about— perfect lifestyle, running the family real-estate company back in London. He takes a holiday up north to visit his parents only to find a young pregnant woman attempting to take her life. Wishing to help, Calvin becomes a friend to her, only fears he’s out of his depth. Just when he thinks he can do this his past resurfaces, sending his life crashing.
Kacey is pregnant and her life is out of control with nowhere left to go. She descends on her mum for one last chance for help, only to have the door slammed in her face. At her wits end, she is alone, scared, and helpless until Calvin comes along. He becomes a dear friend giving her kindness, something she thought no longer existed in the world. Only she finds what she’d pushed to the back of her mind through selfish pain is back. Her past with all its mistakes has come back to life!


Excerpt

He had never been alone, but he could imagine how lonely it would be without friends or family to support or help you in your hour of need.

“Yes, I agree. But you must remember you caught her in a desperate situation. I am sure she might have still jumped and taken her life regardless of your words, they wouldn’t have changed her actions, especially if she felt that low. We all hit rock bottom and some people manage to take their lives, but clearly something was preventing her from doing so.”

“Yes, but I believe in helping someone when they are at their weakest and she is, not that I have put myself out in the past. If anything, I have stayed well out of any personal issues unless it affects the job,” he added staring at Ross. “And yes, there was a serious reason for her to stop her actions. And yes, I will admit I had to convince her jumping would not be the answer, but the poor girl was in clear distress, sobbing her heart out and all I could think was about her jumping and me having to jump in after her. I would have, of course. There was no way I would stand by and watch her take her life, and not just hers.” Calvin closed his eyes and sensed her grief.

“What do you mean? Not just hers!” Ross asked.

Calvin turned back to look at him.

“She is expecting.”

He watched Ross widen his eyes in shock.

“What?”

“She is seven months pregnant. She has nothing, and there is no chance of her getting a job. I would agree with her no one would take her on in her condition.”

“Bloody hell, Calvin, why the hell didn’t you mention this earlier? Here I’m thinking she is some sad bitch, full of self-pity and yet you are dealing with an emotional expectant mother. Did you say her parents lived in the village?”

“I think so, she’s being vague,” he said, cocking his head to the side. “She denied it when I asked her in the pub, but after speaking to her it sounded certain they do live here.”

“And you assume that by?”

“She mentioned she’d been to her parents’ house and they slammed the door in her face. I am not totally stupid. She tensed up and didn’t wish to answer all my questions which, in reflection, was understandable. She’d been through so much I didn’t wish to argue with her, and I could see she was tired and had the weight of the world on her shoulders which wouldn’t be good for the baby. I want to try and get her to talk to her parents again. I feel it is my duty.” He looked at Ross, he could see him thinking hard about the news he had received.

“And you’re certain her parents live in the village?”

“Yes, they must or very close!”

“Did she grow up here?”

“I assume so.”

“Do you recognise her?” Calvin tilted his head to the side when Ross continued to bombard him. “Do we know her parents?”

“For God sake, Ross, stop with the twenty million questions. I didn’t wish to push her. All I cared about was getting her rested, somewhere safe to put her head, and think about a few things.”

“Do you think she’s unpredictable?” Stop with the questions for goodness sake.

Calvin shrugged his shoulders unable to honestly answer the question.

“My goodness, Calvin, you really need to tread carefully. She might see you as an easy target and be looking for someone to take on the role of fatherhood.”

“Hang on. Don’t talk rubbish. I am trying to simply, help her out. She needs help and not only that, but she talked earlier about giving the baby up for adoption,” he told him needing to clear the facts.

“Adoption. That might be a wise move, if not in foster care.”

Calvin turned his head and looked disgusted at him. He understood it appeared the reasonable option at the moment, but sensed it wasn’t a decision to be taken lightly. Much thought needed to go into handing a baby over. There was no way he could ever hand his baby over, but then his life wasn’t at rock-bottom.

“Don’t look at me in that way, clearly she has nothing and putting the child in a safe environment until she gets back on her feet would be a wise move. I have seen women think they can cope and end up in serious trouble, some even turning to desperate measures.”

“Are you crazy? How can a mother be expected to give away her child that she has carried for nine months. That is ridiculous,” Calvin snarled at him.



Innocence trailer

 
 Buy links
 
Thank you for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment