Tuesday 3 February 2015

Inspiration for Innocence!

Innocence Location Inspired

 I am lucky to live in England and have some stunning scenery surrounding me and what I enjoy is driving the breath-taking countryside and the calm lifestyle that comes with it. I live in a town where it surrounded by noise and therefore, thankfully my husband likes to drive out of the town and take me to some of the stunning places our countryside offers, and I will confess, stunning places. I love visiting Stately Homes, castles, in fact crumbling monasteries in fields sensing of how lives were led hundreds of years ago makes me happy, there is nothing better than to gather a picnic and take in the depths and history of England. Many of the sights are owned by Heritage or National trust preserving such beauty.

One of my favourite areas since being a child has been Yorkshire Dales.
 
Breath-taking views, idyllic and so peaceful, all you can hear is the birds singing and sheep grazing in the fields. It’s truly wonderful to stand on-top of a hill and look down and the ever changing landscape, the limestone built building and the brick built walls, add to the magnificent setting. Streams and rivers that take you for acquaint walks and viaducts. I have to confess, to see such beauty I don’t mind pitching a tent and enjoying. Many films have also been shot in the area such at Kevin Costner, Prince of Thieves, Harry Potter, and Wuthering Heights and many more.
 
Aysgarth Falls
Image taken by me
A view of Askrigg
taken from Google search

And it is Yorkshire that recently has fed my imagination, sparked the fire and set my mind into a whirlwind of creating my recent manuscripts. I love such elegance and the history feel, setting the scene, the location, yet maybe just changing a few little minor details, creating the atmosphere and the feel for the story. Recently my fascination has been with an old boys school that has recently been changed back into a home, prizing with some stunning Grade I listed Hall close to York built back in 1610. A stunning Jacobean mansion house and immaculately restored to the highest standard, retaining important architectural details including an arcade of Doric columns and cornicing. The hall is set in approximately 83.5 acres of riverside gardens with rolling countryside in a quiet, secluded valley, having architectural grnadour throughout keeping its history, and those images are enough for me to create using the Hall.
 
This is the very Hall used in the Innocence series for Calvin Edwards parents, his mother inherited through the family and on the land of the Hall where Calvin is visiting from London to spend sometime precious time with his parents...only on the land he makes a discovery that changes his life.  


I think you can agree, stunning location, and yes I am jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment